Do you excel at predicting obstacles, challenges, and risks in order to proactively determine mitigation strategies and innovative solutions to problems? We are looking for someone exactly like you! In this position you will provide safe and efficient execution and coordination of field inspection staff while adhering to the construction budget. Join our team today!
- Ensure successful QA/QC and commissioning process for each project.
- Ensure construction stage gate reviews are completed for all phases of the project life cycle (Support with project progress reporting, construction, schedule updates, review and respond to RFIs, submittals and change orders)
- Ensure that work is completed in compliance with company safety, environmental and company procedures.
- As a deep specialist this role develops recommendations that provide the basis for making critical business decisions with significant financial resources.
- Review design drawings, plans and specification for compliance with Enbridge internal requirements.
- Work with internal Enbridge HSE for reporting of any incidents and safety statistics.
- Manage relationship between construction contractor and Station Operations team.
- Assist the Supervisor Construction in providing the necessary guidance and coaching to develop field inspection staff and contractors to meet departmental objectives.
- Assist the Project Manager with supervision, direction, and organization of construction activities to complete the Solar Self Power portfolio of projects within the approved budgets and subscribed work orders.
- Ensure strict application of contractual terms in the execution of all civil, mechanical, electrical and environmental work to maintain a good working relationship with all landowners, government agencies, regulatory groups, and Emergency Response organizations along the ROW.
- Perform periodic on-site quality and safety inspections, progress inspections, and document site progress to provide construction status updates to management and to confirm site progress for invoice approval.
- Ensure a safety stand down is held whenever there is an incident and a Supervisor or Chief Inspector participates in each stand down.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing a safe, efficient, and environmentally sensitive service that meets their needs.
- Assess workload and plan crew locations and staffing levels with the Project Engineer and ensure all crews know their next four work locations whenever possible.
- Manages RFIs, review change orders, submit non-conformance reports, and assist in contract management
- Lead pre-job safety meeting when beginning in a new area or with a new contractor
- Knowledge of Enbridge or industry standard safe work practices
- Collaborative, team- and service-oriented work style
- 6 or more years of experience overseeing/executing the construction of large-scale complex pipeline or renewable projects.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, walk on uneven surfaces, and climb ladders
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to read, speak and write in English
- Behind the meter solar installation experience beneficial
- Valid driver’s license
- Relationships with local utilities and regulatory organizations beneficial
- Experience in managing turnover from ISD to COD including commissioning and SCADA requirements beneficial
- Predict obstacles, challenges and risks to proactively determine mitigation strategies and innovative solutions to problems
- Knowledge of NEC requirements and best practices
- Experience with project and/or construction management
- High technical aptitude
- Experience with other renewables generation and storage projects beneficial
Electrical Engineering Degree or Electrical Construction experience or Construction Management degree or equivalent experience.
- Motivated self-starter who works well independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Problem solving, decision-making, organization, planning and leadership skills
- Software experience with MS Office Suite, Oracle or SAP
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Superior, WI, CA
Application Deadline: N/A