The Specialist US Tax Planning supports the Enbridge US Tax function by performing complex tax planning, research and modeling activities, including analyzing federal, international, and state income tax legislation (including tax reform legislation) and relevant authorities, and tax modeling related to proposed and existing transactions.
- Carry out research and analysis on a wide variety of US tax issues, including the drafting of technical memos.
- Assist with US transfer pricing requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the financial modelling team to ensure all relevant tax assumptions are understood and properly reflected in the models.
- Support the Business and Corporate Development offices by assisting in the evaluation of the tax implications of various projects under consideration.
- Work collaboratively with Tax Reporting to facilitate timely and accurate reporting of transactions and tax planning initiatives in the budget & forecast, financial statements, and income tax returns.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary transaction teams.
- Perform modelling and evaluation of various tax planning alternatives, as well as changes in legislation.
- Monitor the external tax environment to ensure timely identification of pending changes in legislation, tax authority assessing policies and evolving jurisprudence.
- Promote continuous development and learning of staff through the presentation of technical sessions and participate in knowledge sharing sessions with internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Identify, communicate, and document inherent risks in the key tax assumptions.
- Strong Excel, Word, oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Science, or a related field.
- Detailed knowledge of federal and state income taxes.
- Certified Public Accountant designation and/or graduate degree preferred (MS/MBA with tax specialization or law degree).
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in income tax preferably in the energy industry (including cross-border and international tax experience).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A