Travel is so much more than simply reaching your destination. Along your journey you will make an immediate impact on reimagining the way people search for travel as part of an awesome team that will help invent brand new techniques to bring the world within reach. From using your strong coding skills to break new ground with machine learning, to applying these new techniques to services that run tens of thousands of requests per second, there is no shortage of opportunities for technical innovation at Expedia Group – the sky’s the limit!
- You will use apply statistics concepts like confidence intervals, point estimates and sample size to make sound and confident inferences on data and A/B tests.
- You will use and manipulate large data sets to design algorithmic and machine learning solutions as well as provide business insights.
- Apply solid coding skills, strong analytical and innovative thinking, and Machine Learning expertise to quickly learn new domains and turn innovative ideas into working solutions (from the London Document)
- Statistician Intern: Candidates typically have an Operations Research or Statistics background and care about defining measurements for algorithm performance in the wild and help define and implement core e-commerce concepts like customer life-time value, marketing attribution etc.
- Machine Learning Engineer Intern: Ideal candidate enjoys building ML systems and cares about software engineering principles like CD/CI and code stability, while productionizing machine learning models.
You will also
- You are currently pursuing a master’s or PhD degree in quantitative fields such as: Computer Science (with focus in areas like Artificial
- Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Mining, Data Science), Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Graduating in 2021 or 2022
- You have proven theoretical understanding various machine learning topics like Regression, Naïve Bayes, Decision Trees, Random Forests, SVMs, Neural Networks.
- We would like to see experience with statistical computing environments such as R, scikit-learn, SparkML, Python (pandas) etc.
- You should have strong knowledge and experience in one or more database technologies, including SQL and other relational databases, no-SQL, and Time Series databases
- You have an understanding of distributed file systems, scalable datastores, distributed computing and related technologies (Spark, Hadoop, etc.); implementation experience of MapReduce techniques, in-memory data processing, etc.
- You have familiarity with cloud computing, AWS specifically, in a distributed computing context.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A