Sephora is looking for a Sr. Director of User Experience & Design to lead a client-centered design approach in developing the most innovative and usable digital experiences in Beauty. In this role, you will define and advocate a consistent, intuitive user experience across all our digital experiences – web, mobile and digital in-store experiences.
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor top digital UX designers, UI designers, and user researchers. Develop relationships with design firms and independent contractors to have a “bench” of resources to support flexing as needed against projects.
- Ensure delivery of high quality UX and UI across multiple projects at any given time, providing oversight and guidance while empowering senior team members. Oversee the entire UX process from concept to prototyping to execution and QA.
- Work as an embedded team within Product Management to effectively collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features; define UX and UI processes that achieve both quality and rapid time to market; partner with other departments to optimize and improve efficiencies across teams.
- Design and lead user testing and usability research both in-lab and online, effectively managing internal and external resources to deliver insights and actionable results. Facilitate communication and share out of results and provide recommendations to product stakeholders.
- Know our client and represent her needs and her voice in the product design process.
- Evolve an integrated, consistent UI throughout all our product experiences. Help design a cohesive set of design principles and patterns that can be utilized everywhere that are uniquely Sephora. Facilitate engaging interaction models that delight our clients.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior
- Must demonstrate a clean, polished design aesthetic coupled with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, and usability. Appreciation of standards; proven methods and tools to enforce brand identity and consistency across all projects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, California, US
Application Deadline: N/A