Geoscientists work in highly integrated, multi-functional teams that are developing and producing XTO’s operated acreage in the Lower 48, Canada and Argentina. The majority of the geoscientists are located in Spring, Texas and work the following regions: Permian Basin (Delaware and Midland Basins and Central Basin Platform), Barnett/South Texas, Arkoma/Mid Continent, East Texas, Rockies, Bakken, and Appalachia.The integration of geoscience, engineering, land and regulatory is critical to success.
- During drilling geoscientists will be responsible for steering the lateral sections and keeping the wellbore within the target formation. The ability to understand plays and well plans in a 3-dimensional sense is extremely important (making changes and properly landing a well within the targeted formation).
- Responsible for planning and execution of well performance data collection, continually assessing trends within plays and monitoring/integrating industry activity in area of responsibility. Lessons learned need to be integrated back into field development plans to improve profitability.
- Identifying and capturing new acreage/opportunities via primary geologic work as well as leveraging 3rd party activity and results.
- Assisting in acquisition and divestment evaluations.
- Opportunity Generation, maturation and approvals of wells; well planning and operations support for the drilling of horizontal or vertical development wells in conventional and unconventional reservoirs. Positions involve working closely with Drilling, Land, Government Affairs, Operations, and Reservoir Engineering.
- Strong analytical background and skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, adaptability, and ability to work in a multi-functional team.
- Effective communication skills, with a commitment to high safety and ethical standards.
- Operations geology experience, preferably with operated wells and horizontal drilling.
- Ability to think in 3-dimensions for well planning and understand the operational side of drilling wells.
- Experience in production operations is desirable.
- Competency across generalist geological skills, e.g. log analysis, seismic interpretation, stratigraphy, structure etc.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively within a multi-functional and integrated team.
- Ability to multi-task and handle high workloads, for example simultaneously steering multiple wells while planning others.
- Capacity to fit into the XTO culture of fast-moving operations, high activity levels, and the rapid application of lessons learned to new operations, in a relatively informal structure.
- BA/BS, MA/MS and/or PhD in Geology or Geophysics (or related fields)
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in applied unconventional environments.
- Significant experience and advanced expertise in unconventional environments, carbonate and complex mineralogy environments, and/or geosteering applications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Spring, Texas
Application Deadline: N/A