This position is being announced under FEMA’s Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
In this position, you will serve as a Community Planning Capacity Building Coordinator for Region Nine. Typical assignments include:
- Evaluating and advising the Federal Disaster Recovery Coordinator (FDRC) on the need for focused disaster recovery technical assistance for the communities affected.
- Overseeing multiple planning operations in the field depending upon the severity and magnitude of disaster incidents.
- Establishing and coordinating locally driven recovery planning processes.
- Facilitating community and neighborhood workshops and involvement in the disaster recovery and planning process.
- Working in collaboration with Mitigation Division to assist in incorporating mitigation, sustainability, and resilience building measures into Community Building and Capacity Building (CPCB) recovery planning and capacity efforts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lake Charles, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A