Website Fisheries and Oceans Canada
As a senior vessel maintenance manager, you will play a key role in ensuring CCG vessels are maintained and certified in accordance with Canadian regulations; contributing to technical standards and best practices across the CCG community and managing complex technical projects in the form of vessel refit and dry docking.
- Requirement to scale heights or work at height.
- Thinking things through;
- Working effectively with others;
- Requirement to work overtime, as needed, to meet operational requirements.
- Showing initiative and being action-orientated;
- Requirement to access and move within narrow spaces, cramped quarters and steep ladders.
- Requirement to, occasionally, travel within Canada and abroad.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect.
- All employees of the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
- Requirement to, occasionally, go to sea in ships under trial.
- Requirement to carry a work cell phone.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Requirement to access industrial work sites over rugged/uneven terrain, mobile equipment and excessive noise.
- Health Canada Pre-Placement Medical/Periodic Medical.
Company: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland, CA
Application Deadline: N/A