This is a non-shift, multi-functional classification that works a regular day shift schedule. The primary function is to perform the duties of a machinist; however, this individual may perform duties in other maintenance disciplines (mechanical, electrical, and instrument & control), to the extent that he/she is capable, qualified and able to
perform in a safe manner. The Itinerant Machinist will from time to time be assigned to different work locations for overhauls, outages and special projects, and will be expected to travel. This classification works under the direction of the Maintenance Leader or Itinerant Maintenance Leader as appropriate.
- Uses hand tools and other equipment necessary to provide a safe, clean and productive work place.
- Performs associated responsibilities according to the rules contained in the safe work practices handbook and the Memorandum of Agreement.
- Performs maintenance inspections on and constructs, installs, and repairs mechanical equipment and structures.
- Performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Operates all types of machine tools and performs precision jobs on them to tolerances that require the use of precision tools, instruments or gauges for measurement.
- May maintain stock and records of plant mechanical materials, supplies, tools, machine tools and tooling, machine shop equipment and spare parts.
- Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed
- Valid Driver’s License (NON CDL)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Augusta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A