Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they’re a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world.
We are looking for a full time Electronics Assembler (1st Shift) to test electronic function of assemblies, components, subsidiaries and systems using test equipment and procedures at our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role, you’ll also be responsible for reading shop orders, following production work instructions and sample assemblies and receiving verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Train other Garmin associates on task requirements and processes
- Position and align parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture or other holding device using hand or power tools. Performance of this duty may include lifting up to 25 pounds
- Tend machines or use hand tools and power tools to crimp, stake, bolt, rivet, weld, solder, cement, press fit or perform similar operation to secure parts in place. Performance of this duty may include lifting up to 25 pounds
- Perform operator level preventive maintenance on machines, per Garmin requirements
- Mount assembled components such as transformers, resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits and sockets on chassis, panel or printed circuit board
- Connect component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connect wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals and contact points using soldering, welding, thermocompression or related bonding procedures
- Install finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a high school diploma or GED and demonstrate verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, to provide for respectful work related communications with peers and personnel from other departments (direct contact and use of electronic mail systems).
- Must possess a high degree of dexterity and eye coordination, to allow manipulation of buttons, switches, hand tools and knobs on delicate equipment, products and parts, in the performance of essential functions
- Associates operating machinery must have a mechanical aptitude with an attention to detail
- Must be able to lift/move 25 pounds
- This position will require the ability to sit, stand, look down, bend, twist and have dexterity with hands for up to 10 hours.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Olathe, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A