Website Ulta Beauty
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The GM leads a team of 4-5 department managers and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store, inclusive of the salon. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales, service, and expense control), people (talent acquisition, training, and development), and process (standard operating procedures). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload.
- Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service and driving guest loyalty.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to schedule the right associates, in the right places, at the right times in order to provide an exceptional guest experience, reduce loss, and execute company directives.
- Use the company’s task management tool as directed to prioritize the execution of store workload, ensuring full leadership adoption and compliance with company policy.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Model a culture of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates.
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings and conferences (may require overnight travel)
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
Qualification & Experience:
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture, and executing merchandising directives
- 3-5+ years of fast-paced, retail management, or other relevant work experience
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
Company: Ulta Beauty
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois, US
Application Deadline: N/A