Leads and takes ownership for the creation and execution of the internal and external Conscious strategy/goals in partnership with PR Manager. Supports the Communications Team with tasks and projects related to Conscious initiatives and H&M Sustainability Goals. Implements Sustainability ambitions and focuses on internal/external awareness of Sustainability. You will be part of PR and Communications Team for H&M Canada.
By acting in line with our values and being a role model, you contribute to H&M’s business success. No matter what your role may be at H&M – WHAT you do is as important as HOW you do it.
- Leads the entire national Conscious/Sustainability strategy and initiatives internally and externally
- Is creative and finds new ways that will set us apart from competitors in the country – this includes sustainability, charitable giving, community investment, inclusion & diversity – internally and externally
- Drive all the Sustainability initiatives and collaborate with all functions on initiatives that impact their department
- Advise other teams on incorporating sustainability into their initiatives, becoming a valued partner by providing your expertise and collaboration. Work across all levels of the organization to build understanding of environmental sustainability trends and innovations.
- Project Lead/ Manage all cross-function Conscious projects i.e., Garment Recycling, in- store vinyl garment recycling center, BOH posters, Paper bag initiative
- Drive Colleague Engagement to motivate and inspire the internal organization through information on sustainability issues and involvement in sustainable actions
- Use Conscious campaigns to educate employees, customers and media about H&M’s as an
ethical, environmental and socially responsible brand
- Participate in external networks and forums to promote H&M’s sustainability work and leadership position
- Engage strategically with local stakeholders to build relations, increase awareness about H&M’s sustainability work and identify stakeholder needs and issues that H&M needs to act upon
- Conduct relevant research, including competitive analysis, including garment recycling and special sustainability collections, and summarize data to make recommendations to senior management on new Conscious opportunities
- Ability to research and take ownership of projects
- Minimum of 3 years’ relatable working experience working with or within mid to large organizations, focused on sustainability and social responsibility.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Proven ability in writing and experience in Media a plu
- Strong communicator with ability to negotiate, persuade and counsel effectively
- You have a strong passion for Sustainability and Community Investment
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments at once in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint (advanced)
- Strong brand ambassador
- Bachelors degree in related field (sustainability, environmental studies, business management) OR in Communications, English, Journalism or Marketing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A