Works under minimal supervision, with occasional guidance.
Duties are varied and moderately complex.
Applies skills in area of specialization.
May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level partners.
Sets example for partners in Pharmacy by role modeling customer service, SOP compliance and business acumen.
- Hand count control medications, measure liquids, reconstitute antibiotics
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Health Information (PHI) as required by HIPAA
- Order bathroom/break room supplies
- Order office supplies
- Maintains automated prescription processing equipment-Kirby Lester
- Have an understanding and knowledge of HEB Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and where to access them
- Provide great customer service and role model service standards, including working closely with Pharmacy Care Representatives (PCRs) in providing patient care
- Keep inventory on dock to dock
- Apply computer troubleshooting and prescription application overview
- Input prescription data into computer
- Make shelf tags
- Move faster medication closer to technician
- Look for expired medication
- Verify type of cap required for prescription (child-proof, easy open); replace if necessary
- Inventory ordering and management through RxIMS
- Perform all technician duties.
- Process Central Fill Check In
- Keep inventory on weekly basis
- Process 3rd party prescriptions and manage adjudication review
- Order medication/pharmacy supplies
- Verification and label of prescriptions by 8 point check. Total shift production may include up to 1,000 scripts on a heavy volume day
- Verify complete patient information to input into the computer system
- Receive and process written prescriptions from customers using RxEVO computer system
- Check warehouse and DSD delivery for accuracy, notify HEB/DSD vendor if short
- High school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 18 years of age
- State of Texas certification as Pharmacy Technician
- Acquire 20 hours of continuing education every two years
- 1-2 years previous retail experience preferred; pharmacy experience strongly preferred
- Mathematical skills including calculating measurements
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows, TAO, HEB Intranet)
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong team orientation, willing to pitch in at any moment for any reason.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to work rotating shifts to include weekends; must be flexible to the needs of the business
- Welcomes working in a team oriented environment and is open to cross-training
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds on regular basis
- Must be able to stand (for up to 12 hours), walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, and reach overhead and side to side throughout shift
- Must possess hand/finger dexterity
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Victoria, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A