Website Hobby Lobby
This is a SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role will include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within established timeframes.
Reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established timeframes. Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with the database team to develop strategic solutions to recurring problems as well as future landscape planning. This role will also work projects for affiliated non-profit organizations as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization using performance monitor, sql profiler, extended events, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands.
- Familiarity with SQL Reporting and Integration services.
- Experience working with Windows Server, including Active Directory and Kerberos.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Understanding of advanced SQL functions including Availability Groups, Failover Clustering (and other H/A methodologies), Service Broker, Table Partitioning.
- Experience with MySQL or MariaDB in a Linux environment.
- Experience with S/4 HANA DB platform in a Linux environment.
- Understanding PowerShell scripting techniques.
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies, preferably VMWare ESXi.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Systems Center (SCOM and SCCM), Host Integration Services and Powershell.
- Experience with SQL Server Azure Services or database management on other cloud platforms.
- Degree in MIS or computer science.
- Certifications a plus (MCTS, MVP, etc.)
- Experience in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Company: Hobby Lobby
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A