Website Holland and Barrett
The Digital Trading team are recruiting for a highly motivated and commercially astute Digital Merchandiser to join the team! The purpose of this role is to lead the strategy and sales budgets for your category and work with a wide variety of stakeholders including buying/trading teams, digital marketing and UX to achieve ambitious commercial goals. Be at the forefront of H&B’s digital transformation. We are a team who is passionate about delivering change and development on the website, driving our categories and enjoy proving the best customers journey for our consumers – come and join us!
- Owning and driving the category performance to achieve and exceed the forecasted sales and margin targets. The Digital Merchandiser will support one out of the four digital categories and be accountable for £20M digital sales with significant year on year growth targets (20-40% YoY growth).
- Continuously and rigorously analysing category and website performance to look for key opportunities to optimise conversion rates and user experience. Working with your key counterparts across, UX, Product Management and Digital marketing to make recommendations on change and work with to implement
- Influence the Buying/Trading teams to optimise online category performance and work together to find opportunities to deliver growth and minimise risk, presenting compelling digital evidence to drive change. This includes extended online only range planning, promotional pricing and category roadmaps. Be the digital expert in key weekly meeting to ensure we are inherently part of the category planning process and working as “one team”
- Support the strategy for own-brand and supplier optimisation plans for their categories to deliver a richer experience though brand stores, rich content and clear customer journeys
- Support training and coaching junior team members alongside the Digital Trading and Merchandising Manager and be a “go to” member of the team
- Reviewing product forecasts for current and future promotional periods to ensure we have appropriate stock to meet digital customer demand.
- Working closely with Web Operations, Supply Chain and Trading teams to adjust forecasts appropriately
- Being a subject matter expect for digital trading and online merchandising and playing a supporting role in cross functional digital projects where you can represent the digital trading team
- Covering key reporting for your categories to support weekly and monthly trading meetings and ensuring key actions are in place from any important insights
- Strong experience in digital trading and merchandising.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to easily build networked relationships and influence a wide group of stakeholders.
- Willing to roll sleeves up and work with the team to achieve shared objectives
- Strong presentation skills & ability to influence colleagues
- Ability to drive insights from raw and disparate data sets in order to drive the right commercial actions
- Demonstrable ability to drive commercial performance
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of driving efficient operating process to ensure effective website maintenance
- Experience of managing search and promotions
- Experience of CMS platforms (currently ATG BCC)
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Working knowledge of Search
Company: Holland and Barrett
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A