This position drives the execution of Defense Programs (DP) and Strategic Partnership Program (SPP) work supporting an overall spend plan in excess of $1.4B that includes over $200M of salaried labor at the division level. Develops customer and National Security Laboratory partner relationships necessary to ensure the KCNSC is positioned to be a responsive and resilient element of the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) in response to the directive contained in the Nuclear Posture Review (NPR). This includes advancing Science, Technology, and Engineering (ST&E) capabilities to perform current and future work. Leads the effort to attract, develop and retain the highly skilled staff essential to the mission. Drives implementation of advanced development, Systems Engineering, and test engineering, and production modernization that results in improvements to both agility and efficiency.
- Execute mission scope for both Directed Stockpile Work (DSW) and Strategic Partnership Program (SPP) lines of business. Construct/maintain a Management Operating System (MOS) to ensure predictable performance and escalation for next-level management engagement as needed.
- Build relationships with Federal Program Office, Field Office, National Security Laboratories, and other Nuclear Weapons production facilities to enable efficient execution of work scope.
- Improve and enhance the use of a systems mindset in coordination with the DP businesses.
- Drive modernization and advancements in test engineering development and execution.
- Attract, recruit, train/develop, recognize and retain the Engineering workforce that provides the specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities to characterize and develop procedures to manufacture high precision products, design and develop complex pieces of test equipment to ensure the requirement
- Ability to communicate effectively to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences including external customers, partners, certification/qualification authorities, technical committees, and other stakeholders such as customers, suppliers, engineering, integrated supply chain, and program management
- Proven ability to collaborate with functions with direct responsibility for the successful integration of complex systems
- Past experience in Systems Engineering, Advance Development, and advanced tester development and maturity
- Ability to manage the business and organizational vision by communicating a compelling purpose, driving change cross-organizationally, and inspiring and motivating people and organizations
- An integrative thinker with demonstrated ability to solve complex, multi-faceted problems with due consideration for business and strategic consequences
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited institution or BS in physical science from an accredited institution
- 10 or more years of experience in the technical, scientific, and/or supply chain fields with at least 2 years in second-level management (having managers as direct reports)
- U.S. Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A