As Senior DBA of Database Management organization at Honeywell, you will have opportunity to work with large footprint of various database technologies and make a difference by establishing a solid foundation for innovation, performance, reliability, and scalability working on on-prem and public cloud solutions leveraging multiple database technologies.
You will work with the latest Single Sign-On technologies that perform multi-factor authentication, federation, and profile management. You will provide world class engineering solutions ensuring that they align with direction set by best practices and defined standards within Honeywell.
- Install, monitor, and maintain PostgreSQL, MongoDB & MySQL software, implement monitoring and alerting, implement backup and recovery processes, provide system and SQL performance tuning.
- Involve on adoption of strategic platforms for PostgreSQL, MySQL databases – on-premise and Cloud Infrastructure
- Collaborate on Database Automation activities to improve process efficiency and risk compliance
- Fulfills user requests ranging from access control, backup, restore, refresh to non-production to performance tuning.
Design and Implement Disaster Recovery, Replication and High Availability database solutions in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Fulfill user requests ranging from User Management, Database Refresh, Performance tuning, Migration.
- Effectively participate and guide – 24×7 operational support shift model
- Drive Stability initiatives by proactively reviewing and addressing Database performance and capacity trends
- Stay focused, aggressive, active, lead by example, coordinate, and guide the leadership team, and provide value as a strong team player.
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, MS SQL.
- Ensure regular maintenance and pro-active remediation of database operational problems.
- Implement optimal database backup, restore and recovery.
- Mentor and guide DBAs blended with young and experienced.
- Knowledge of MongoDB, DB2, Sybase, MaxDB is a big plus
- Ready to learn other core database technology like Oracle, open source databases.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and production support
- Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills.
- Experience and Knowledge on MongoDB, MySQL, MSSQL, NoSQL databases and Big data is big plus.
- 2+ years of Experience with PostgreSQL is must and should be ready for hands-on work on a day-today basis.
- The ability to partner effectively across IT teams, suppliers and business customers on cross-functional projects and process improvements
- Knowledge and hands-on in transforming to and from on premise environment to cloud technology
- Strong knowledge and hands-on of database technology in Azure, and AWS is big plus.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills – effective listening and be a motivated team player.
- Knowledge and hands-on with data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery options, configuration and execution
- Nice to have minimum experience in Database Tuning
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tamil Nadu, India
Application Deadline: N/A