Website Honor Health
This position sets up, operates, and administers all types of respiratory care equipment and procedures to be used in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and illness to both general floor and critical care areas. Evaluates therapeutic objectives and outcomes and transcribes verbal orders from physicians in the medical record. Performs arterial puncture, blood gas analysis, co-oximetry, electrocardiograms, electrolytes, and other basic pulmonary function testing.
- Performs routine respiratory care treatments and oxygen administration in adult, pediatric, and neonatal areas. Such therapy includes, but, is not limited to aerosol therapy, nebulized medications, metered dose inhalers, flutter therapy, PEP therapy, incentive spirometry; nasotracheal and artificial airway suctioning; breathing exercises, CPAP/BiPAP therapy and support, sputum induction, and oxygen analysis. The therapist describes and instructs therapies or procedures to patients and/or families in a clear and professional manner. The therapist reviews, prioritizes and readjusts their daily assignment to perform therapy in an efficient and organized manner and to provide the highest degree of patient care possible.
- Sets up, operates, and monitors mechanical ventilators as ordered. Makes appropriate changes as ordered. Assures the patency, stability, and location of the artificial airway. Assures adequate and appropriate humidification through the artificial airway. The therapist must be familiar with the operation of numerous different mechanical ventilators. They must also be proficient with many modes of mechanical ventilation and their applications. Assists with the transportation of mechanically ventilated patients to other patient care areas.
- Performs arterial punctures. Accurately completes a variety of blood tests including arterial blood gas analysis, co-oximetry, and electrolytes as well as the calculation of diagnostic relationships such as shunt, dead space, arterial-venous oxygen content and alveolar-arterial oxygen differences. Performs quality control and proficiency testing on analyzers and verifies and documents the results. Immediately reports and documents the results with critical values to the appropriate nurse or physician.
Qualification & Experience:
- Respiratory\RCP – Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner RCP Required
- 6 months experience for Network float position Required
- Clinical Other\BCLS – Basic Life Support BLS Certification Required
- Graduate of a 2 year AMA approved Respiratory Care program. Required
- Respiratory\RRT – Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT Required
Company: Honor Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Scottsdale, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A