Website Honor Health
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
Responsible for instrument/instrument trays/equipment decontamination, preparation and sterilization, tray and case cart assembly, documentation of all sterilization processes, and delivery of a wide variety of surgical instrumentation and patient care equipment to the Perioperative team. CSPD personnel ensure the highest quality standards are met in accordance with departmental procedures and established industry standards. Assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission and critical goals of the organization into their job performance. May serve as preceptor to staff.
- Case Cart Assembly and Sterile Storage: Picks case carts according to resource map requisitions, documents case cart deficiencies on daily case cart needs list, Fills case cart needs list prior to case cart utilization, Orders sterile supplies from logistics as needed to maintain inventory. Picks cases, stocks the sterile storage area, and returns sterile supplies to inventory, Collaborates with perioperative sterile core personnel to determine priorities and maintain flow within sterile storage area.
- Assembles, Preps and Packs Instrumentation: Assembles, preps and packs instrumentation, Inspects instruments for cleanliness, proper function, breakage, and intact ID tape, Assembles trays using instrument tray lists, Locates and replaces missing instruments; identifies and labels missing instruments, Contains, wraps or pouches instruments and sets, Chooses appropriate wrapping materials for size, weight, and sterilization method.
- Decontamination of instrumentation and medical equipment: Utilizes chemical agents and automated decontamination machinery to clean and decontaminate instrumentation and medical equipment.
- Sterilization: Sterilizes instruments following prescribed procedures and guidelines. Challenges the sterilization process using internal, external, and biological monitoring systems, Monitors, reads, documents, and interprets parameters for all types of sterilization processes to ensure proper function and validation of process, Maintains appropriate load configurations; maintains flow of instruments through the sterilization process, Prioritizes instrumentation needs using instrument needs list.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Company: Honor Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A