Website Honor Health
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) works collaboratively with members of the healthcare team to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit. The practice of the NP emphasizes health promotion and maintenance, disease prevention and the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases. The position is associated with a significant level of autonomy; therefore, the individual must be highly motivated and able to work independently. As an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), the NP will demonstrate leadership as a mentor, educator, researcher and provider. The NP adheres to and functions within the scope of practice defined by the Arizona Board of Nursing and the organization. Adherence to Nursing practices theory based nursing that is evidenced based utilizing a Shared Governance model for decision-making. Practice focuses on performance standards that act in accordance with the organization’s initiatives.
- Practice focused on Patient/Family: direct care practice using a holistic perspective; therapeutic partnerships with patients; expert clinical thinking and skillful performance; reflective practice; evidence-based guided practice; diverse health and illness management approaches. As a provider, the NP performs/collaborates with physicians to perform history and physicals, order and interpret diagnostic studies, prescribe medications, consult ancillary departments and other specialists and provide a smooth transition between various levels of care, including discharge.
- Expert coaching and guidance of nursing staff, consultation with healthcare providers, research support and performance, clinical, professional and systems leadership, collaboration, and ethical decision making. As an educator, the NP promotes nursing staff development by serving as a resource for clinical skill development, critical thinking skills, discharge planning, and effective nurse-physician-client-family communication skills. As a mentor, the NP advances the role of staff nurses by promoting their direct involvement in decisions that guide patient-family centered care, while ensuring the standards of the profession and specialty are maintained. As a researcher and nursing practice expert, the NP independently and collaboratively conducts and supports research, evidence-based practice, and process improvement (e.g., safety and effectiveness) projects to enhance outcomes of care. The NP is a leader for incorporation of current research findings and other available evidence in practice.
- Reimbursement and business practice; marketing and contracting considerations; legal, regulatory and credentialing requirements; health policy issues; organizational structure and culture; outcome evaluation and performance improvement
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree MS, MN or MSN from a National League of Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) – PRIOR TO START. Required
- 1 year as a Registered Nurse Required
Company: Honor Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mesa, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A