Website Honor Health
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses five acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
The pharmacy liaison acts as a single point-of-contact for patients, families, caregivers, and providers and is responsible for coordinating/guiding patients through a comprehensive plan-of-care to overcome healthcare system barriers, facilitate timely access to medication therapy and quality therapy management from pharmacy enrollment through all phases of the plan. The pharmacy liaison will assist patients in navigating through issues associated with prior authorizations, benefits investigation, and the high financial costs of specialty medications, aiding patients in achieving optimal adherence to care plan.
- Initializing and leading ongoing work in patients’ medication therapy and ensuring that the patient/pharmacy engagement is appropriate and consistent with their preferences.
- Ensuring that every patient who can benefit from HonorHealth Specialty Pharmacy’s services is identified and contact is made efficiently and effectively
- Effectively explaining services and support that the pharmacy offers without impeding patient’s choice of pharmacy, and achieving patient participation
- Performing all benefits investigation, prior authorization, and financial assistance work needed to ensure patients have access to the medication they need
- Providing support in the fulfillment center
- Providing direct support to enrolled patients to ensure they are supported throughout their therapy regimen and achieve their intended outcome.
- Conducting outbound phone calls for patient support, adherence checks and refill reminders
- Accepting inbound calls from patients
- Designing and continuously improving pharmacy workflows to better deliver the specialty pharmacy experience to patients, caregivers, and providers
- Operate in accordance with HonorHealth policies, all federal and state regulations as well as maintain compliance and adhere to standards set forth by the accrediting bodies
- Educate HonorHealth’s leadership and clinic staff on the pharmacy’s role to gain their support and establish collaboration
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 year Pharmacy technician experience Required
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Pharmacy Trainee Certification Ability to obtain Certified Pharmacy Technician license within 1 Year Required
Company: Honor Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chandler, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A