Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Manage the work of the Project Engineering team. Organize, plan, schedule, direct and coordinate work, assign tasks and monitor the progress of work to conform to schedules.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide input to Standards and Technology Development Department to standardize design for transmission and distribution projects including stations/lines upgrades.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of project execution plans, project co-ordination and contract management capability through various means (capability assessments, quality control, etc.) and recommend changes to enhance performance.
- Monitor work status of each Transmission and Stations project under production, provide analysis of progress and issues and provide feedback to the Engineering Managers, Project Managers and others.
- Find ways and means to improve efficiency of Transmission and Stations project production design process.
- Monitor utilization of internal design resources and external consulting services.
- Be responsible for the work of staff assigned to specific projects and giving guidance/direction as necessary, in a working environment which has the philosophy and goals of continuous quality improvement.
- Work in collaboration with project managers, review project work scope, and communicate engineering requirements to the design team and to the appropriate staff in other departments.
- Manage external engineering consulting firms to deliver engineering packages on time, within approved budget and meeting Hydro One engineering quality.
- Perform day-to-day supervision, work assignment, monitoring and quality assurance of staff supervised.
- Knowledge of project management principles, tendering, vendor management and contract management.
- A four year engineering/engineering sciences university program or the equivalent practical experience.
- An excellent team leader and team builder
- Good knowledge of engineering processes for project execution.
- Good knowledge of the Hydro One operational requirements.
- Establish a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views on conditions and potential changes effecting their work, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Excellent customer services to external customers
- Experience in management and motivating engineering and other professional staff.
- Good knowledge of business fundamentals and economics.
- Excellent communication skills
- Know and ensure own and team members’ compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, and all corporate policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to the work of the unit.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario preferred but not essential.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A