Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Provide input to PC&T spares strategy. Initiate contingency plans for sparing obsolete equipment. Optimize the spares inventory to ensure availability and reduce costs.
- Supervise staff assigned to assist on major or complex projects including the assignment of work/areas of responsibility, providing advice and guidance and ensuring accuracy and quality of output. Assist with the development of technical staff.
- Develop, prepare and deliver training courses as assigned on PC&T equipment, systems and fault analysis.
- Supervise technical staff engaged in matters relating to power system event analysis, commissioning, preventive maintenance, corrective action plans, new technologies, project management, materials management and acquisition. Assign and check the work, providing advice, guidance and instruction to ensure quality, accuracy and timelines of the work are maintained.
- Cooperate and work with supply procurement groups and with external suppliers to resolve problems with PC&T equipment and to establish vendor support for products and services.
- Ensure standards and designs are reviewed and ensure that they meet with maintainability, operability and security criteria.
- Represent the department on internal and external technical and review committees as required.
- Supervise technical staff engaged in PC&T support services and advise field staff in real-time and emergency situations, or on individual issues of a complex technical nature. Coordinate field visits and safely participate as necessary to ensure PC&T equipment is functioning as required, document recommendations and lessons learned.
- Review, recommend changes to existing policies, procedures, work methods, regulatory requirements and design standards for applicable equipment. Recognize the impact of new technologies and recommend changes to existing procedures, tools and training requirements to ensure that they meet with maintainability, operability and meet security criteria.
- Initiate and coordinate programs to replace or rehabilitate end of life PC&T equipment. Prepare details of work scope. Assist in developing and administering annual work programs and budgets.
- Provide the coordination, project management and leadership support for implementing new process changes, initiatives and improvements required for PC&T functions and related systems.
- As a trusted adviser provide technical expertise from a field perspective to Asset Management (AM), Engineering and from and engineering and AM perspective to field staff on matters relating to new design, commissioning, protection mis-operations, audit, and maintenance of Protection, Control, and Telecom (PC&T) equipment.
- Requires assisting in the development of Technical staff.
- Requires working independently taking on full responsibility for assignments and only requires manager’s involvement to resolve problems that require authoritative decisions.
- Organizational skills; being able to keep track of time, keep to budget and handle multiple tasks.
- Good communication skills to represent the Department with Internal and External customers.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including NERC CIP requirements, related internal documents and Hydro One standards in PC&T design and maintenance.
- Requires assigning work/areas of responsibility, providing advice and guidance as necessary and ensuring the quality, accuracy and timeliness of output for staff.
- Expert knowledge of the latest developments and technology in the field of PC&T systems and be able to propose cost effective ways in which these can be managed and maintained.
- Attention to detail; Identify mistakes and inefficiencies in work practices.
- Solid writing ability demonstrated by technical reports or other professional documents.
- Capable to deal with and solve highly difficult and complex problems encountered when; trouble shooting PC&T system issues, commissioning and maintenance.
- Good interpersonal skills, assertiveness and confidence to establish respect and rapport with team members, field staff, internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC&T equipment and systems as gained through engineering design or practical field experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of power system faults, analysis and software tools.
- Clear understanding of existing policies, procedures, work methods, regulatory requirements and design standards etc. for monitoring & PC&T equipment.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A