Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of policies, strategies, standards and elements of architectures for technologies, data and applications used by the company. Review project scope, solution blueprints, process and technical design documentation, test strategies etc. to ensure that the needs of the business are being met.
- Serve as liaison to the business community, to ensure that its needs are fully understood by the project team
- Ensure process alignment across non-SAP capabilities (scheduling, planning, time reporting, outage mgmt etc). Monitor the operation of these processes and recommend improvements that will enhance the overall utilization of the Cornerstone assets.
- Ensure and augment the principles of technology strategies.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon the business services and processes.
- Monitor adherence to business case. Provide expert guidance to others in the application of architectural principals and frameworks.
- Monitor performance of staff assigned to teams and advise managers of staff performance.
- Champion the implementation and use of the business process management toolset (ARIS)
- Provide expert knowledge in technology and business process areas or disciplines required by the study groups.
- Plan work, coordinate staff activities, advise and provide guidance to staff on technical or business issues, monitor progress and take necessary corrective actions to ensure successful completion of assigned duties.
- Provide consultation and support to internal or external clients and stakeholders regarding technology use, business process design and improvement, technology and process strategy, and technology product selection.
- Assess (via appropriate measurement) and communicate the achievement and impact of the enterprise business architecture.
- Contribute to multi-party, inter-disciplinary studies.
- Coordinate the activities of vendors in multiple-vendor installations and attempt to influence suppliers towards development activities specifically useful to the Company. Assist in defining and reviewing requirements for the applications.
- Work with the business to analyzes the current business environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for the improved uses of information technology.
- Provide expert advice on the design, implementation of operations of complex information technology systems. Oversee enterprise business architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities.
- Provide liaison with vendors of software and hardware with respect to both the capabilities of their products and the resolution of problems.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing and emerging technology through literature reviews, self-study and participation in workshops, user groups, seminars and detailed information exchanges with others.
- Assess process requirements through consultation with staff at all levels from across the Company.
- Provide leadership and guidance to teams of professional and technical staff assigned to assist with the development, integration, implementation and operation of information systems, including highly complex systems with enterprise-wide impact.
- Provide leadership and support for the development, deployment, implementation, operation and continuous improvement of business processes across the Company.
- Develop relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with business information and technology trends.
- Design and participate in the governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise business architecture.
- Work with business to define the business solutions and structures needed to realize these opportunities and deploy effective business processes model leveraging the High Performance Utility Model.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have experience with SAP security concepts
- Must have good communication skills and should have a proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Requires an understanding of business processes, their application.
- Requires experience with new and existing information technology products and services to be familiar with the application of their characteristics and capabilities in the design and implementation of various systems.
- Experience working with interfaces in addition to Web Services, such as Java connectors and Rest APIs communicating between SAP and non-SAP applications
- Able to report both verbally and in writing to executive level
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Must have extensive experience with SAP Technologies such as ABAP, HANA BW, SAP Fiori Developments, OData developments
- Requires a knowledge of computer science in order to design and implement complex information technology systems, provide business processes and improvements, consulting and support services, strategic planning and consultation on information assets and to develop policies, strategies and plans.
- Ability to assess and manage technical risks and issues
- Must have excellent understanding of relevant SAP modules such as PM, WorkManager, IM, and PS
- Must be an expert in analyzing, creating system specifications, and developing tests and implementing business solutions utilizing SAP technologies and leveraging SAP best practices
- Requires a good knowledge of English to effectively communicate with others and provide effective presentations and prepare technical reports.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A