Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Lead and coordinate the project work of building/site maintenance, renovations, and new construction.
- Develop maintenance and renovation plans and schedules to ensure the facilities are maintained in excellent operating condition.
- Work with facility owners and suppliers of various facilities systems, products and services to provide integrated workplace services to clients.
- Develop program monitoring and cost tracking to ensure the budget for each facility is met.
- Take actions required to ensure budget and schedule compliance.
- Evaluate solutions for requests to carry out special analyses, facility, building and site evaluations
- Ensure effective resolution of human resource issues, including hiring, discharge and discipline, and effectively resolve work performance problems.
- Work with senior management to develop forecasts of the company’s facility needs and make recommendations on renovations and maintenance activities to maximize the value to the company.
- Develop building/site long term and short term plans based on understanding clients’ needs, changing technologies and changing regulatory environments.
- Oversee & coordinate the work programs and priorities of grounds, site & maintenance staff as it relates to facility management.
- Provide day-to-day interpretation and application of the negotiated agreements with bargaining agents as they affect the rights, obligations and working conditions of employees.
- Provide clear expectations and performance measures, meaningful feedback and recognize achievements.
- Develop building/site specific plans and budgets to operate and maintain the facilities effectively.
- Set & track project schedule and budgets and monitoring of external contractors.
- Coordinate other staff involved in the management of the company’s facilities and associated projects.
- Leadership and vision as part of the Facilities management team to manage all the company’s owned and leased facilities throughout the province, including office buildings, administrative centres, operating facilities and transformer stations while maintaining the goals of Hydro One in the forefront and maintaining a safe work environment for all.
- Coordinate renovation and new capital projects
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and the delivery to commitments and time lines.
- Experience negotiating contracts including adherence to schedules and development of site specific plans and workplace related forecasts.
- Experience in property management, contract management and facility management to administer work programs associated with outside contractors, suppliers, regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
- Excellent speaking, writing and listening skills to communicate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project planning, project management, scheduling, business planning, budgeting and forecasting to plan, operate and maintain the facilities.
- Experience in facility management, property management and project management to understand the practical aspects and problems associated with managing the company’s facilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of building systems, including electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems to manage the provision of building services, interior design, building materials and construction, specifications writing, furnishings and equipment and computer-aided drafting.
- Experience to be familiar with legislation and regulations including municipal, provincial and federal environmental laws, building codes, fire regulations, health and safety legislation, and security requirements of facilities.
- An understanding of information technology and telecommunications systems to prepare business analysis on building and site improvements.
- Knowledge of business administration, project management facility/property management and contract management
- Budget and accounting experience to develop and administer business plans forecasts and budgets.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A