Website Hydro One
Manage complex information technology (IT) centered projects over the full project life-cycle. Provide leadership, guidance and technical expertise in the management of projects, directing staff, contractors and vendor personnel with respect to execution of tasks, monitoring of activities and achievements, maintenance of schedules and monitoring of costs and project budgets. Projects are run using the appropriate project methodology for the delivery. The ideal candidate will have experience of delivery using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies, ideally with experience of working and contributing to an Agile transformation in a large organization.
- Design, develop or coordinate the use of project facilities, ensuring that technical and physical resources are available to meet project requirements
- Manage and report on project metrics including progress, earned value metrics, baseline, forecast and actual dates, costs and scope.
- Manage and maintain MS Project Plans, develop action plans for issues, track risk mitigation plans, make recommendations as necessary to advance project
- Execute, and coach the various agile ceremonies, work methods and practices to product/project teams including, backlog refinement and planning, sprint planning and retrospectives, sprint and story estimations and agile project resource planning
- Maintain logs to track issues, action items, risks, queries and change management for each project
- Cooperate with other areas of IM/IT in the application of standards, methodologies, architectures, etc.
- Review project and project status files for integrity, accuracy and timeliness
- Create & maintain a project library and coordinate the collection and filing of project documentation
- Review and approve Invoices and charges
- Work side by side with product owners fostering a collaborative and high performing working product team
- Manage and provide consultative services and specialized expertise in information-technology areas.
- Lead, build, champion and drive the cultural adoption of agile-based delivery across the delivery organization
- Prepare project status reports for Project Control Office review and approval
- Build collaborative partnerships with project sponsors and teams to enable resource demand planning, change management, and project planning decisions
- Negotiate contracts and contract changes, project change orders, work schedules and requirements changes as required to meet project objectives
- Information seeking – ability to acquire information relevant to the achievement of valued goals
- Team leadership – ability to take a role as leader of a team or other group
- Communication of Project Management Processes to business and service providers
- Experience managing IT projects, ideally with an internal customer focus
- BA or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering
- Able to persuade, convince, influence or impress others
- At least 12 years experience in IT
- Solid understanding of project management fundamentals (ie, scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, resource management, etc.)
- Proven capability of agile methodologies such as Scrum and agile work practices
- Initiative – takes action, proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions
- Strategic business thinking – ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to facilitate management decisions for achieving business objectives
- Strong proficiency with agile toolsets such as JIRA/Confluence or extensive knowledge of relevant SAP Product Suite (S/4 Hana, SuccessFactors, SAP cloud platform, etc)
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A