Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance the management and/or maintenance of Real Estate Rights records and data. Work with Real Estate, Information Technology and other internal and external staff as required, to analyze alternative solutions, prepare appropriately detailed basic business case documentation and present recommended alternatives
- Perform other duties as required.
- Conduct real estate staff/client group training sessions to familiarize users with the operation of the Integrated Real Estate Information System or other real estate information systems
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control analysis on all data including digital, tabular, spatial and other technical data
- Coordinate and undertake the provision of real estate rights data, Geographic Information System based maps, ortho-photo mapping, sketches, drawings, land rights data and other real estate rights reports or assessments for internal and/or external client groups including government and/or regulatory agencies or representatives.
- Upload real estate rights and related data files/information to corporate servers as required. Coordinate the integration of all approved data within the Integrated Real Estate Information System (IREIS) and all other applicable Company and Real Estate information systems based on an in depth knowledge of ESRI and other Geographic Information System software.
- Keep abreast of Information Technology and Geographic Information System trends and developments
- Coordinate the maintenance and maintain departmental tabular, spatial (e.g., Geographic Information Systems) and other related land rights data and records including computerized, electronic, digital, hard copy and other records management system in accordance with departmental and/or corporate policies, standards and other relevant requirements.
- Work with internal Real Estate, Information Technology and other staff and external vendors/parties to coordinate the conversion and maintenance of hard copy real estate rights data (e.g., paper roll plans, documents, maps, drawings) to an electronic and digital formats consistent with existing (IREIS) or new Real Estate Information Technology systems.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and prepare written or present verbal assessments/reports.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of Grade XII plus 4 years’ further concentrated study.
- Requires knowledge of computer technology, computer programming, surveys, drafting, mapping principles and techniques to perform maintenance or enhancement activities on tabular, spatial and other digitized/non-digitized real estate data and record systems and produce a variety of real estate rights reports, mapping products and other real estate rights information.
- Requires work experience in real estate environment to understand the nature of various real estate rights, legal real estate agreements, Expropriations Law, the Ontario Land Registry systems/Teranet land base and of associated drawings, plans and surveys.
- Requires knowledge of real estate, real estate and legal rights granted, real estate property and Expropriations law.
- Requires real estate experience to understand the business and marketing processes and land use planning implications involved in the acquisition, management and disposal of real estate, the use of land data bases and computerized real estate information systems in securing real estate rights information,
- Requires experience with ESRI and other Geographic Information System based software, graphic map data and related databases, photogrammetric and ortho-photo systems. A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A