Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Understand and operate motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Organize staff and material efficiently and ensure that the proper vehicles, tools and equipment are available and maintained in good working order.
- Perform the duties of a UTS 3 as outlined in the Trades Supervisory Criteria and Responsibility Matrix
- Maintain power service to electrical customers, including troubleshooting and restoring of electrical power during emergencies.
- Install, connect and repair underground, submarine and overhead conductors to service customers
- Train and further develop/mentor apprentice staff, monitor work for safety, production and quality
- Job Planning and knowledge of work management systems are required
- Install various types of metering equipment and maintain and repair street and sentinel lighting
- Be prepared to accept an equitable portion of trouble call service and emergency work outside of normal work hours
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with the Construction Verification Program
- Under the Direction of the Project FLM, carry out and supervise Line apprentices and PWU Hiring Hall journeypersons involved in the construction and maintenance of distribution lines and associated apparatus, including erection of poles and structures for power lines
- Perform approved live line work using live line tools, rubber gloves and bare hand techniques
- Must have a good working knowledge of the Distribution Standards Manual, Work Methods Manual, Work Protection Code, Hydro One Safety Rules and Trades Supervisory Criteria and Responsibility Matrix
- Previous experience in a supervisory position, either as a UTS 3 or gained through prolonged step up would be a definite asset.
- In making this selection, primary consideration will be given to personal qualities such as leadership, reliability, demonstrated sound judgement, ability to organize and an understanding of the practice of positive human relations
- Must have a Grade XII or equivalent, plus eight years’ experience in all phases of the line business
- Must demonstrate a high standard of relations with staff and customers
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability and high standard of safety and efficiency
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Thomas, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A