Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Support construction by monitoring and controlling project costs and performance; highlighting variances and performance issues needing resolution
- Assist in tracking project changes and preparing/submitting project change orders related to construction deliverables
- Assist the construction team in collecting progress updates related to projects in execution with respect to schedule and quantity data
- Show students, trainees or contract staff how to perform tasks and duties
- Assist construction management in resolving time reporting issues
- Perform other duties as required
- Scheduling experience in transmission line and station projects or other linear project types is an asset
- Experience with SAP is an asset
- Requires a good knowledge and understanding of English in order to communicate effectively with others by preparing: cost reports, change orders and presenting to stakeholders.
- Requires performing work assignments in a construction office environment with frequent trips to nearby sites
- Experience in construction management or a related field is an asset. Examples include: Understanding and interpreting working drawings, project planning, estimating and cost control, project reporting
- Required to travel in support of site meetings for the various projects/programs assigned. This will at times include overnight stays due to distance of travel and to ensure safe conditions for travel.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Experience with working with databases, data management, analysis and reporting is an asset
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Microsoft excel: including the use of pivot tables, Vlookups, chart and graph creation etc.
- Requires a university degree in Engineering or Business or a college diploma in Business or Engineering Technology and additional training or education
- Experience in providing project cost analysis and reporting.
- Requires hands on experience in cost reporting and analysis. A period of 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- General understanding of Project Management techniques
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A