Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Co-ordinate, prepare, collate and upload meeting materials relating to the public markets portfolio for various pension committee meetings.
- Cash management to ensure liquidity is maintained for capital calls, plan expenses and pensioner benefit payments.
- Develop effective working relationships with other members of the team and Hydro One staff.
- Provide administrative support for Defined Contribution Plan, as required.
- Conduct ongoing account reconciliations.
- Work with the Fund’s custodian and provide directions on day-to-day operations of the Fund.
- Ensure the Fund meets all regulatory, reporting and compliance requirements of both Hydro One as well as all relevant external regulatory bodies.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with key service providers, both internal and external, especially the public markets investment managers, investment custodian and consultants to the Fund.
- Utilize the pension databases and systems to extract key pension data in order to develop reports required in the day-to-day management of the Pension Fund.
- Review policies and investment manager agreements and investment mandates.
- Review and confirm investment manager compliance with all existing agreements and evaluate the investment managers’ adherence to their stated philosophy and process.
- Make presentations to the Pension Division and other internal groups, as required.
- Participate in the contract negotiation and administration process with investment managers.
- Review public markets investment manager reports and information disclosures and prepare the necessary reports.
- Assist in the writing the due diligence reports and the summary documents for presentation to the Pension Division and where necessary, to other internal committees.
- Provide regular reports for the Pension Division and various Pension Fund committees.
- Evaluate the performance of the Fund’s existing public markets investment managers relative to their respective performance benchmarks and stated investment philosophy and take appropriate follow up action with the investment manager if required.
- Participate in the due diligence process on existing and prospective investment managers, including performing interviews with key individuals, operational personnel and investment teams to validate, gain insight and to build conviction in the strength and consistency of the investment philosophy, process and most critically, the people managing the strategies.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of existing public markets investment managers.
- Provide advice and support in the management of the Fund’s external managers program including appointments, terminations and ongoing performance monitoring.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A