Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Coordinate with other internal groups to obtain estimated data for wholesale and retail meters.
- Respond to customer enquires regarding billing issues and other Hydro One’s initiatives and customer requests to modify existing accounts and services. Contact customers and generators regarding billing and payment issues.
- Assist in the development and implement business processes and procedures required to ensure the integrity of settlements functions Implement settlements functions in relation to transmission and distribution connectivity, revenue metering, asset and customer policies, customer services, the application of tariffs. Assist implementation of customer and generator end-to-end (setup to billing) connection process.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties regarding the submission of transmission tariff list, wholesale totalization tables and required IESO forms and documents.
- Perform audits to ensure billing parameters such as (rate class, total loss application including transformer loss allowance/adjustments and transformer ownership), have been correctly applied and reflected in the subsequent bill to the customer. Forward discrepancies identified to senior staff.
- Implement and maintain customer account/meter data relationship in IEE and forward to senior staff for review and approval.
- Setup or revise wholesale settlements or retail billings or generator payments for customers and generators. Assist with the preparation of IESO energy/transmission totalization tables associated with wholesale settlement. Assist with the preparation of retail totalization tables, according to retail billing and generation payments. Assist with the setup of settlements information in IEE and SAP.
- Exchange information with outside organizations such as IESO, 3rd party MSP, service providers.
- Coordinate with MSP/MDS, field staff and other LDC to compile information necessary to identify, investigate and settle short term load transfers and long term load transfers.
- Be aware of regulatory compliance requirements of OEB Transmission and Distribution System Code, Retail Settlement Code, IESO Market Rules and Program Rules.
- Four-year university education, or equivalent, in an appropriate field.
- Knowledge of wholesale market and retail market billing and settlements
- Knowledge of relevant sections of OEB Codes, IESO Market Rules, and IESO Program Rules
- A minimum of two – four years related experience
- Knowledge of engineering principles, economics, and business administration.
- Must have experience in ITRON IEE and SAP for use in billing
- Computer programming and data management skills.
- Knowledge of metering, billing and settlement processes
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of load analysis, billing, settlements and customer service.
- Experience in using software such as MS Office, Visio.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A