We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Public Service Employees from other government departments may be asked to provide proof that your home department will release you for secondment or acting appointments prior to assessment.
- An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- In this role you will be providing support in key functional areas including reviewing, processing, and assessing applications to determine if clients are eligible for citizenship, immigration, refugee or settlement programs.
- Random selection* may be used to identify which applicants will be assessed from this inventory. You will find more information about random selection in “Other information”.
- A satisfactory score on the Public Service Commission test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma
- Depth, breadth, type of work-specific experience.
- Availability, willingness and ability to work overtime as required including weekends and statutory holidays.
- Security: Reliability Status or Secret Clearance.
- Successful completion of the mandatory IRCC learning program for Citizenship, Immigration and Integration within a timeframe specified by the department.
- Availability, willingness and ability to work in a 24/7 environment
- Level/degree of one or more competencies/qualifications.
- All employees of the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
- A valid Driver’s License, within the limits of Treasury Board Secretariat travel guidelines.
- Matching of the individual’s experience or qualifications to the specific duties of the position being staffed.
- Matching of the individual’s experience or qualifications to the strengths and weaknesses of the work team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in training or coaching employees.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement with community agencies, non-profit organizations, government and/or for-profit entities.
- Experience in making decisions that require the application and interpretation of the Citizenship Act and/or related Regulations.
- Experience in making decisions that require the application and interpretation of the Canadian Passport Order.
- Experience preparing statistical reports using a computerized system or program such as Microsoft Excel, SAP, etc.
- Experience in Grants and Contributions program delivery.
- Experience in compiling and synthesizing data for review by senior advisors, management, or internal or external audiences.
- Experience in supporting or leading policy development.
- Experience conducting investigations and/or interviews to identify, analyze and interpret issues, trends, patterns or associated risks.
- Experience in leading or supervising a team or a working group.
- Experience drafting and updating instructional materials which are shared with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the department or organization.
- Experience in preparing written material such as briefing notes, communication .products, presentations or correspondence.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience providing Information Management (IM) support and guidance, records management services and/or IM training to internal clients.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A