Costco’s current Merchandising IT solutions are distributed across a diverse range of technologies, including: AS400, SAP Retail Solutions, Java web and service solutions, .NET custom solutions, POS front ends, Informatica, Websphere MQ, Hadoop, SQL server, Oracle, and more. The Merchandising solutions group is looking for developers to build and support our system. A commitment and passion for delivering quality solutions is a must.
- Designs and develops relational database applications.
- Documents and executes unit and integration tests.
- Defines and implements standards and best practices for software development.
- Participates in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
- Supports the needs and requirements of other I.S. departments.
- Provides 3rd-level application support for production installed components.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary.
- Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
- Provides accurate and timely estimates (work breakdown schedules).
- Experience programming in DB2, and Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts and applied UML experience.
- Must have experience leading at least one project through a formal software development lifecycle.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with all management levels.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
- Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
- Minimum 4 years experience developing in a distributed application environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a development lead on major projects.
- Must have working knowledge of Java, JMS, JSP, Web Services, SOAP, and XML technologies.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Issaquah, Washington
Application Deadline: N/A