The Material Specialist maintains the warehouse and stores stock with the Aircraft Maintenance Department in all Materiel Operations to ensure adequate supply of materials.
Perform data entry into the computer inventory system to include locating, issuing, receiving, and shipping of materials.
- Load aircraft tires, brakes, and related aircraft parts and materials.
- Perform inventory audits, inspections, and reconciliations of materials based on direction from leadership.
- Monitor and update stock items, minimum and maximum stock levels, and coordinates stock level adjustments with Aircraft Maintenance, Purchasing, and/or other departments within the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use handheld two way radios, headsets and/or phone
- Ability to work flexible shifts, travel and/or work variable hours including holiday and weekends.
- Successfully pass the Materials and General Maintenance Manual (GMM) training courses
- Successfully pass Hazmat Awareness course
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge for all Blue Materiel cities.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Available for overnight travel (50%)
- Depending on location you may be required to pass an International Air Transport Association (IATA) or Department of Transportation (DOT) approved Hazardous Materiel Training Course and maintain recurrent training of the course
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Pass and maintain rating and be able to drive forklifts (4 (four) K to 18 (eighteen) K) tugs, trucks, and other vehicles
- Associate’s Degree in aviation, finance, business or related discipline
- One (1) year warehouse experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A