The JetBlue Travel Products (JTP) Product Release Engineer plays an integral role in implementing and executing build management and product release processes. The role is responsible for managing the source code management system, automating the build process and regression testing, building tools and monitoring used in product implementations. The Product Release Engineer establishes procedures and develops tools that are used to deliver software using a repeatable and scalable process and is responsible for complex design, development, unit testing, documentation and ongoing support of Technology Products. The ideal candidate is engaged in significant collaboration with stakeholders, driving technical architecture and implementation.
- Come up with innovations in terms of tools/practices/processes that allow for the fine tuning of the delivery process.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define specifications and requirements for all internal and external development.
- Partner with data center operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation and support for applications.
- Use Configuration Management and deployment tools like Puppet, Chef and Salt.
- Work with internal and external DEV/OPS teams to ensure that the defined standards are met and used throughout all departments.
- Assist Software Engineers with setting up jobs using Maven, Gradle and Jenkins.
- Work with Software Engineers in creating and maintaining unit test processes and results delivery.
- Configure and maintain processes within Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket instances.
- Perform code reviews to ensure high quality and consistent coding practices.
- Help design, code, debug and document of CI/CD process using industry standards adjusted for the custom requirements.
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration process.
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery process.
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 10%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice.
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Eight (8) years of overall experience working with infrastructure and/or Development teams to build enterprise-scale application integration solutions.
- Experience with Bash, Python, Java, Jinja, YAML, RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Salt Stack, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Git VCS, Confluence, Jira, Vagrant, Centos/RHEL, VMWare, Artifactory (or similar)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A