Website Canada Post
The Analyst, Systems, plans, co-ordinates and manages the development of systems projects and/or change requests at Canada Post, under the general supervision of the Manager, and directs programmer analysts and contractors on projects, systems development, and programming, while ensuring quality assurance is achieved and all system changes conform to audit standards.
- Provides technical support and direction to programmer analysts and contractors on project analysis, systems development, and implementation of projects. Shares strategy with project team and programmer analysts. Ensures hardware and software solution will successfully meet project objectives. Monitors project timeframes and approves changes in system specification.
- Manages and leads systems design, development and implementations in order to meet business requirements. Leads the project team in the analysis of user specifications, reviews proposals and implements optimal technical solution. Studies and adjusts projects/enhancements priorities.
- Develops documentation standards, identifies and resolves system problems, establish standards for service level agreements and researches and recommends new technology for production applications enhancement.
- Manages the maintenance and support to a wide range of systems, running from a variety of software applications and platforms. Monitors production standards with programmer analysts, contractors, and contracting firms to ensure that the service level agreement is met.
- Supervises enhancements and provides ongoing support to existing production applications. Establishes priorities and timeframes. Reviews and approves the acceptance criteria for system changes testing and installation. Ensures all change initiatives conform to audit and control standards.
- Designs and reviews proposed system solution (hardware and software). Performs system development, testing and integration. Reports projects/enhancement issues. Develops training material for production and user groups.
- Common Industrial Protocols (CIP): CANBUS, ControlNet, DeviceNet, AS-i, DF-1, EtherNet/IP, HostLink Protocol, Interbus, PROFINET IO, Modbus RTU / ASCII / TCP, Profibus
- Working knowledge of SAS/ORACLE or equivalent databases.
- Proven ability to apply conceptual thinking to complex problems and implement practical solutions to help achieve the objectives of the department and the Corporation.
- Rockwell Automation hardware: SLC 500, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and Safety PLC
- Thorough knowledge of programming languages, including Visual Basic 6, VB.NET and VB Scripts.
- A University degree or college degree/diploma in a related field.
- Design of process control circuits and safety circuits,
- Design of processing control software,
- Operating Systems: Windows Desktop from Pro to Current, Server from 2003 to Current, Linux
- Operator Interface Panel View, Panel View Plus
- Other Communication Protocols: OPC, OPC UA, OMG DDS, SNMP
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Wonderware InTouch Software,
- Rockwell Automation software: RSLinx, RS Logix 500, Studio 5000, RS NetWorx, Factory Talk
- Vision Systems,
- Troubleshooting skills in electrical/controls problems
- Preparing technical documentation such as controls system design, troubleshooting job aids, preventive maintenance recommendations, engineering drawings, reports and presentations.
- Reviewing documentation and recommending enhancements to existing systems
- Reviewing, authorizing, coordinating and managing execution of system controls changes
- Siemens TIA Portal
- Data exchange protocols: DDE, OLE, JSON
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A