Website Canadian Tire
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC”) is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies. With world-class Owned Brands and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies, we are continually innovating with purpose: to be there for Canadians from coast-to-coast. We are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire and its group of companies.
As an important part of the Financial Planning and Analysis Team, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the dynamic functional departments with proactive, actionable analysis and reporting which will drive improved strategic and operational decision making. The incumbent will also participate in the monthly financial review process, as well as the annual Plan and quarterly forecasting cycles.
- Work with cross functional groups to investigate and resolve inquiries and business problems
Prepare cost benefit analysis and/or fulfill ad hoc requests for client groups
- Complete a variety of ad hoc projects as assigned by the Manager or AVP
- Partner with the business to produce and present insightful financial analysis, forecasts, and management reports to facilitate decision making at various levels within the organization
- Liaise with the Hyperion Planning System Support Team in coordinating timelines and deliverables required to support the various forecasting and planning cycles
- Develop expert knowledge and be the subject matter expert of Corporate Functions consolidated results
- Support the continuous improvement of the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting processes within the team to improve efficiency and quality
- Collaborative team players with strong communication skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Proactive in anticipating the needs of their internal clients and willing to dig deeper to ensure financial forecasts and variance analysis against those forecasts is insightful and meaningful.
- Courageous, with the ability to thrive in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving environment
- Strong technically, with the ability to conduct complex financial analyses and learn new financial software and systems with ease
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience communicating with senior level employees (VP and C-level) is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to collaborate across various levels within the organization
- University degree or College diploma in Finance/Accounting or business-related discipline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with or ability to learn the Hyperion Planning (HP) forecast system, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM, with the Smartview add-on) reporting system and Planview Enterprise One.
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently (including virtually)
- 2 years experience working in a FP&A, accounting or a related role
- Accounting or Finance designation (CPA – CA, CGA, CMA or CFA) completed or in progress is an asset
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A