Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- The incumbent shall provide technical support to CFIA research and development teams.
- He/she will contribute to the development, refinement and improvement of bioinformatics applications.
- He/she will be required to interpret and assess work assignments by consulting with internal/external clients and with Scientists/Biologists and bioinformatics experts.
- He/she will be participating on project teams and working groups conducting research and data analysis.
- As we anticipate a large number of applications, we may be applying volume management strategies throughout the selection process such as, but not limited to, top-down approach, cut-off scores and/or random selection.
- The intent is to have an inventory of candidates to draw from when vacancies arise for current and future needs of the CFIA in various laboratories across Canada.
- Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis as long as the poster is active.
- Employees must be present in the laboratory; remote work is not generally a possibility, although there may be exceptions.
- Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
- Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Policy.
- Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
- Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience using R for data mining, visualization and statistical analysis.
- Experience using machine learning models for data analyses.
- Experience developing or using applications based on relational database platforms (e.g., MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Graph).
- Experience analyzing or interpreting biological or genomic datasets, summarizing results and forming conclusions.
- Experience developing or using software for genomics or metagenomics analysis.
- Experience conducting or interpreting evolutionary genetics, phylogenetics, population genetics, or molecular evolution studies.
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. Azure or AWS).
- Experience in programming using object-oriented languages (e.g., Python, Perl, Java).
Experience developing or using web-based applications, semantic web technologies or ontologies (e.g. HTML, CSS3, Kubernetes, Docker).
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sidney, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A