Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Join the CFO and Corporate Services team. This is a technical role, developing architectures and designing solutions that leverage a state-of-the-art cloud-based analytics platform (including Cloudera, R, Python, Spark, PowerBI and Azure DataBricks) while providing guidance on its evolution.. You will be responsible for the translation of the client’s business and analytic requirements into future state architectures and solutions, including the business and technical roadmaps required to achieve the target state. As a team member, the role has individual specialization and accountability to advance Analytics architecture, technology, projects, and expertise at CMHC.
- Effective management of the budget and resources assigned to the development of analytical models and an analytics culture at CMHC.
- Builds relationships with broader analytics community at CMHC and works with analytics practitioners and data architects to adopt best practices and standards for data and analytics.
- Development of new value-added uses for CMHC data, information and analytical capabilities to audiences both internal and external to CMHC.
- Leverages knowledge of the organization’s information, application, and infrastructure architecture as well as the current technology landscape to design a holistic and optimized analytics platform. The incumbent understands architecture artifacts and can write/edit them.
- Influences and oversees the industrialization of analytics ensuring high performance of solutions in the platform as well as maturing the analytics capability.
- Ensures all aspects of the analytics ecosystem’s solution architecture are optimized by working with subject matter experts in the areas of analytics, IT enterprise architecture, business lines and external partnerships to understand needs. Documents and recommends solutions to project leads and senior leadership.
- Optimization of solutions and analytics platform at enterprise level.
- Works with program and project managers in the design, planning and governance of implementing projects.
- Performs a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
- Optimizes solution environments that considers functional requirements (e.g., benchmarking systems, analyzing system bottlenecks, developing verification criteria and statistical analysis) as well as non-functional attributes (e.g., security, availability and stability). The incumbent is responsible for planning, designing, and reviewing these key characteristics of the analytics platform to help ensure that it complies with enterprise standards and that it performs adequately as additional analytics solutions are implemented.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Economics, Commerce, Computer Science, Engineering.
- Master’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum of 7 years of advanced experience in analytics, analysis, data management, data architecture, integrated database design, data security, performance tuning, optimization methods, industrialization of initiatives including functional leadership experience in a complex data-driven organization.
- Expert knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark), relational databases, open source tools (e.g. R, Python), data preparation tools and data visualization (e.g. Power bi, R, Python).
- Experience in defining Data standards, Data governance and Data lineage, and Data Migration between database technologies.
- Experience in handling large data volumes, deep understanding of data marts, data warehouse architecture, multidimensional databases, data lakes, and data / model migration and program optimization and application scalability solutions.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills (written, verbal and cross-cultural communication skills), including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles as well as communicating messages at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Expert skill in identifying and analyzing trends, patterns or connections between issues, forecast impacts of change and recommend solutions.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Application Deadline: N/A