Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join the new Policy Operations and Outreach division within the Policy Sector. you will be responsible for identifying and building strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders that contribute to housing policy discussions. As a senior member of the Outreach team, you will lead and/or significantly contribute to the development of a stakeholder strategy for Policy and seek opportunities to engage relevant organizations and individuals on broad policy questions, including the voices of people with lived experience of housing need. You will also develop and implement strategies to mobilize Policy knowledge and insight to influence internal business lines and external housing actors.
- Organize and execute knowledge mobilization opportunities through conferences, webinars, and other events in close collaboration with policy, research and data teams.
- Contribute to annual budget planning, costing, and procurement needs for outreach and knowledge mobilization activities.
- Work closely with other Policy teams to meaningfully engage people with lived experience of housing need or homelessness and find ways to include their voices in policy development and design.
- Explore new and maintain existing relationships with housing policy stakeholders, experts, academics and interest groups to identify issues of common interest and promote collaboration opportunities.
- Build internal knowledge and capacity within Policy to better understand and incorporate the needs of people with lived experience of housing need or homelessness.
- Lead or support the development of a knowledge mobilization strategy for Policy with the goal of influencing housing actors to drive housing affordability.
- Seek opportunities to connect policy teams with external stakeholders working on similar policy questions or issues and share relevant CMHC research, data, market insights and policy analysis with these groups.
- Lead or support consultations with housing policy stakeholders, experts, academics and interest groups on broad policy questions and/or specific housing policy designs.
- Experience managing projects and leading multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Experience building and maintaining strategic relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public policy, or a related field in Arts or Social Science. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to adapt messages to different audiences in both official languages (French and English).
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in Strategic Policy/Stakeholder Relations/Intergovernmental Relations, or a similar role.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A