Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Join the Client Solutions team, where we’re working with our partners to address housing affordability issues. In this role you will independently perform a range of accounting, reconciliation, financial reporting and moderately complex financial analysis activities. Ensure accuracy of partners’ financial results and compliance with accounting policies and external audit issues in relation to bilateral agreements with provinces and territories, including the Social Housing Agreement (SHA), the 2017 Bilateral Agreement under the National Housing Strategy (NHS), the Investment in Affordable Housing Agreement (IAH) and the 2016 Social Infrastructure Fund (SIF) Agreement. Make recommendations to partners to maintain compliance with bilateral agreements.
- Assist with framework compliance reporting and follow-up on non-compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Canadian auditing standards.
- Advise Government Relations on how to follow a wide variety of existing financial reporting procedures and precedents.
- Act as a liaison that PTs, PT auditors and internal and external stakeholders may rely on to field questions that require creative answers and innovative solutions applicable to the relevant business segment.
- Provide advice, support and alternative solutions to clients and stakeholders, including communicating key decisions, interpreting policies and responding to inquiries. (2)
- Ensure that financial systems and reporting are aligned with business requirements, including balanced risk mitigation measures, to support decision-making within a key component of the organization.
- Review and analyze audit reports and financial statements submitted under agreements to ensure that the content meets accountability framework requirements and raise issues as appropriate.
- Good understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles (International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS] and Canadian auditing standards.
- Solid communication and organizational skills in order to participate in multiple projects in both official languages.
- Strong ability to function in a sophisticated technological environment using tools such as spreadsheets, databases and applications, as well as consolidation and reporting tools.
- Strong ability to gather and analyze information, extract key elements and summarize with recommendations.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation would be an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the financial, legislative and regulatory environments.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting, finance or business administration.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A