Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Join the Investment Strategy team, where our partners view CMHC as the catalyst for solving housing affordability challenges. You will play a key role in developing our investment strategy views as well as enhancing our strategic and tactical asset allocation design and process. You will drive the evolution of our investment strategy process, research processes and tools, informing our approach through the provision of data-led insights. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and highly self-motivated, but open to challenge and new perspectives. Strong analytical skills, including the ability to combine detail and an understanding of the big picture, centered on exceptional skills working with data and data tools. Given the team’s desire to improve its data-led research process, knowledge and/or the ability to learn new programming languages or tools like Python, R and E-views is an asset.
- Supports the Corporation in the development of the Corporate Plan, stress testing and other corporate initiatives by coordinating the provision of divisional inputs.
- Oversees the full scope of activities related to asset allocation, strategy development and manager research, including analysis and recommendations to the Director, division, senior management, the various committees, Trustees and the Board.
- Supports the Director by providing guidance, mentoring and leadership to the team, and mobilizes the team and resources to ensure that deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Supports the investment performance and risk reporting activities to senior management and the various governance committees, including ensuring the committees are successfully run through effective coordination and reporting.
- Oversees research on asset classes, strategies, asset allocation techniques, investment managers, and risk mitigation techniques that will contribute to the development and implementation of strategic and tactical asset allocation, as well as ways to optimize risk adjusted returns to achieve the desired objectives and within established guidelines.
- Guides and leads the effort to enhance the data-driven research capabilities of the team, including development of our tools and models.
- Develops Business Plan and ensures the Business Plan initiatives are completed.
- Applied knowledge of E-views, PowerBi and/or other statistical or reporting tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences to influence behavior, inform policy direction and persuade others to take a course of action.
- Investment certification (Chartered Financial Analyst), particularly if education or experience requirements are not met.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of investment strategy and policies, and/or applied knowledge of asset-liability management in the context of asset allocation and risk management.
- Creative analytical ability and the ability to model investing and risk management strategies.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Legal or in another related field.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A