Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
You will provide housing policy advice, analysis, and contribute to policy development as a member, in collaboration with others within the team, Sector and across CMHC, and with external partners, with a focus on advancing reconciliation, Indigenous self-determination, care and control of housing, closing housing gaps, and improving Indigenous and northern housing outcomes.
- Lead/Contribute to policy development processes, proposals and options – including Memorandum to Cabinet, Treasury Board Submission, and Budget proposals.
- Represent CMHC at meetings and build relations with key federal partners, Indigenous partners and organizations, and other stakeholders to advance their housing priorities.
- Provide advice related to modern treaties and self-Government, and Indigenous self-determination, care and control of housing.
- Provide policy advice to management and the Government on key housing issues, challenges, gaps and opportunities, with a principle focus on Indigenous and northern housing.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize complex information from diverse sources.
- Collaborate with team members and with other Sectors to advance corporate priorities, and with external partners.
- Develop a variety of written documentation, presentations and briefing materials, in a logical, succinct, and timely manner.
- Scan the internal and external landscape to identify emerging housing policy issues and trends to inform evidence-based policy advice, including from data and research.
- Undergraduate degree in public policy, social sciences or a related discipline. Master’s degree considered an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Political and cultural acuity.
- Knowledge of social and housing policy, Indigenous history and Peoples, housing, reconciliation.
- Knowledge of First Nations, Inuit and Metis housing conditions, context and landscape• Strong research, analytical and forward thinking skills.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in policy.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Indigenous governance and Indigenous rights.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A