Assists pharmacist to fill, dispense prescriptions for patients. Assists patients at counter, retrieves prescriptions, processes register transactions. Orders and stocks drugs, supplies, and over-the-counter merchandise. Updates patient records and inventory, processes invoices and makes accounting entries using computerized system.
- Assists patients at counter, receives written prescriptions for Pharmacist, and retrieves filled prescriptions. Processes register transactions. Receives payment, makes change, processes cheques, credit and debit charges. Provides prompt and courteous patient service. Answers phones, directs members to product location.
- Prepares third-party insurance claims, processes invoices and makes accounting entries using computerized system.
- Assists Pharmacist in updating patient profile and entering prescription information into the pharmacy computer to extent permitted by Provincial regulations. Preserves patient confidentiality.
- Orders, receives, tags and stocks over-the-counter product in accordance with merchandising plan for department. Creates product signs and does over-the-counter roaming.
- Cleans department by sweeping, mopping, spraying, wiping and dusting. Empties trash, operates trash compactor and cardboard bailer.
- Orders, receives, tags and stocks prescription drugs and supplies. Follows product storage procedures and standards.
- Assists Pharmacist in filling prescriptions by bringing stock bottles, counting, pouring, restocking, labeling and pricing prescriptions under direct Pharmacist’s supervision to the extent permitted by Provincial regulations. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Knowledge/Skills: Computer, math, and member service skills preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Completed a certification as required by province where applicable.
- Education/Training: Completed a pharmacy diploma at a Community College or Costco Pharmacy Clerk certification.
- Experience: Candidates with current pharmacy experience will be given preference over other candidates.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, CA
Application Deadline: N/A