Our Advisor Sourcing Materials GDS will also review and analyze above in accordance with Enbridge policies and procedures to ensure products are purchased at a reasonable price while achieving any possible cost savings within the required timeframe. While in this role you’ll also act as a liaison between user departments and suppliers and assist other buyers and expeditors as need.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mentors, guides and trains department staff or end user department personnel as required.
- Evaluates supplier performance and addresses inefficiencies as required
- Research sources of supply, review sole source validity and determine methods of procurement action.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of market conditions and industry trends relating to SCM.
- Acts as a liaison between project managers and/or consultants and suppliers.
- Understands and participates in Supply Chain Management Department team initiatives
- Acts as the designated Procurement Lead for core and capital projects as assigned.
- Provides support to Business Development by researching pricing and delivery times as well as providing input on project planning when requested.
- Maintains records in harmony with established policies and procedure, and audit guidelines/Sox requirements.
- Coordinates pre- and post-bid award meetings to discuss deliverables and supplier qualifications.
- Manges and coordinates procurement activities of multiple projects which may be large in scope or involve major equipment acquisitions.
- Performs the complete procurement process from preparing all aspects of competitive bids through to, commercial evaluation, recommendations, and purchase order issuance. Ensure compliance with purchasing procedures and that user requirements are met.
- Provide assistance to assigned region(s) and handles their day-to-day operational procurement requirements.
- Assists with the supplier qualification process.
- Develop, negotiate, and assist in the execution of supplier agreement.
- Negotiates with suppliers the terms and conditions, pricing, delivery, payment terms, cancellation charges, liquidated damages clauses, warranty, scope of work and change orders.
- Acquires optimized pricing and cost-efficient methods to assist in company- wide cost saving measures.
- Researches and implements cost saving initiatives.
- Issues and approves purchase orders per ASL.
- Investigates and facilitates issue resolution relative to procurement activities.
- Show strong digital literacy and are proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with strong presentation skills
- Knowledgeable of legal terminology including standard contract terms and conditions
- A related university degree with 4+ years of procurement experience
- Enrollment in the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation program or equivalent
- Offer sophisticated mathematical and analytical foresight along with validated negotiation skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chatham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A