- Participate in/establish the audit scope and objectives to ensure activities are consistent with the ethics, values and strategic objectives of the Company.
- Take ownership of and perform audits including planning, scoping (in partnership with the Auditor-In-Charge), fieldwork, testing and the delivery of high-quality audit work, both verbal and written.
- Perform special project work as requested.
- Follow up on remediation of the findings with business partners and ensure all outstanding audit issues are closed effectively and timely.
- Evaluate audit procedures and identify opportunities for improvement on the operational processes and business cycles audited.
- Support the Auditor-In-Charge with leading team members assigned, creation/coordination and execution of the engagement work-plan, and leading discussions with key business partners.
- Liaise with Internal Audit staff throughout the organization.
- Assist in research and analysis of technical and best-practice standards.
- Coordinate with external auditors & appropriate levels of management regarding the evaluation of the effectiveness of processes and controls across Enbridge.
- Obtain, analyze, and appraise evidential data as a basis for creating an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the processes being reviewed.
- Promote Internal Audit as trusted Business Advisor through developing and maintaining key contact relationships with business operations and other governance groups.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Related University Degree and/or professional designation. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered, where appropriate.
- A minimum of four (4) years of audit experience.
- Working knowledge of data analytic techniques is considered an asset.
- Understanding of internal controls, audit methodology, audit procedures, audit sampling techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills – the ability to develop trust, interact, and deal with difficult situations.
- Energy industry experience is desirable.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of IIA auditing standards is desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including a proficiency in writing.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A