At Enbridge, our Utility Services Representatives interact with over 4 million customers across Ontario by performing crucial tasks such as natural gas pipeline maintenance, appliance inspections, and responding to natural gas emergencies. Above all else, they ensure safety takes precedent in all tasks!
- Wear and maintain company uniforms and safety apparel.
- Promote distribution system protection/damage prevention awareness including third party observation activities.
- Perform natural gas emergency response activities including line-breaks, leak and odour investigations, liaise with fire and police officials, TSSA Inspectors and others as required.
- Interact with external customers, maintaining a positive and professional manner that builds the Company image.
- Participate on standby rotation as required, and shift work may be required.
- Safe and efficient execution of operations work including pipeline repairs and maintenance, valve inspection and maintenance, construction inspection, customer and distribution station maintenance, natural gas appliance inspection and activation, utilization inspections and infractions and other duties as required.
- Perform high quality work in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous manual labour and be able to wear all appropriate safety and personal protective equipment.
- Candidates are required to progress satisfactorily through all USR progression steps (C2 to A1)
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn related company software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must meet the Company’s requirements as to “General Qualifications”.
- Minimum of Grade 12 education or equivalent and show an active interest in natural gas utility operations work and be able to learn from experienced team members.
- Currently hold and retain appropriate driver’s license and maintain satisfactory driving record.
- Must meet criteria for response while on standby and be prepared to work shifts as required.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Gas Utility Technician (Utility Technician) Certificate and a Pipeline Inspector’s Certificate as established by the TSSA for natural gas distribution utilities within the required timeframe.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A