Website Hydro One
Provide consultation and support to internal or external clients and stakeholders regarding technology use, business process analysis, technology and process strategy, and technology product selection. Provide leadership and guidance to teams of professional and technical staff engaged in the development, deployment and operational support of information systems, including highly complex systems with enterprise wide impact. Provide guidance and leadership in the development, deployment, operation and improvement of business processes across the Company. Contribute to the development and maintenance of architectures and standards for technology, data and applications used by the Company.
- Serve as liaison to the business community, to ensure that its needs are fully understood by the project team
- Contribute to multi-party, inter-disciplinary studies. Provide expert knowledge in technology and business process areas or disciplines required by the study groups.
- Work with the business to analyzes the current business environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for the improved uses of information technology.
- Develop relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with business information and technology trends.
- Provide liaison with vendors of software and hardware with respect to both the capabilities of their products and the resolution of problems. Coordinate the activities of vendors in multiple-vendor installations and attempt to influence suppliers towards development activities specifically useful to the Company. Assist in defining and reviewing requirements for the applications.
- Design and participate in the governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise business architecture. Assess (via appropriate measurement) and communicate the achievement and impact of the enterprise business architecture.
- Provide leadership and support for the development, deployment, implementation, operation and continuous improvement of business processes across the Company. Assess process requirements through consultation with staff at all levels from across the Company. Work with business to define the business solutions and structures needed to realize these opportunities and deploy effective business processes model leveraging the High Performance Utility Model. Ensure process alignment across non-SAP capabilities (scheduling, planning, time reporting, outage mgmt etc). Monitor the operation of these processes and recommend improvements that will enhance the overall utilization of the Cornerstone assets. Champion the implementation and use of the business process management toolset (ARIS)
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of policies, strategies, standards and elements of architectures for technologies, data and applications used by the company. Review project scope, solution blueprints, process and technical design documentation, test strategies etc. to ensure that the needs of the business are being met. Monitor adherence to business case. Provide expert guidance to others in the application of architectural principals and frameworks.
- Ensure and augment the principles of technology strategies. Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon the business services and processes.
- Provide leadership and guidance to teams of professional and technical staff assigned to assist with the development, integration, implementation and operation of information systems, including highly complex systems with enterprise-wide impact. Plan work, coordinate staff activities, advise and provide guidance to staff on technical or business issues, monitor progress and take necessary corrective actions to ensure successful completion of assigned duties. Monitor performance of staff assigned to teams and advise managers of staff performance.
- Provide consultation and support to internal or external clients and stakeholders regarding technology use, business process design and improvement, technology and process strategy, and technology product selection. Provide expert advice on the design, implementation of operations of complex information technology systems. Oversee enterprise business architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of existing and emerging technology through literature reviews, self-study and participation in workshops, user groups, seminars and detailed information exchanges with other utilities.
- Requires an understanding of business processes, their application.
- Requires a knowledge of computer science in order to design and implement complex information technology systems, provide business processes and improvements, consulting and support services, strategic planning and consultation on information assets and to develop policies, strategies and plans.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the Company’s objectives and how these are to relate to the implementation and use of technology products and solution. A period of over 10 years and up to and including 12 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Requires experience with the operational aspects of the business and the application and requirements of computer technology.
- Requires strong leadership skills to effectively lead, manage and facilitate teams.
- Requires experience with new and existing information technology products and s ervices to be familiar with the application of their characteristics and capabilities in the design and implementation of various systems.
- Requires a good knowledge of English to effectively communicate with others and provide effective presentations and prepare technical reports.This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Requires experience within the Company’s architectures and standards for information technologies, applications and data.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A