Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Accurately input, retrieve, update, interpret and maintain real estate management, acquisition, conveyancing, sales, Official Plan, Zoning Bylaw, and Plan of Subdivision information/data on a regular basis with a variety of computerized databases and manual record and reference systems. Access, retrieve and interpret HONI real estate rights, accounting and other real estate related data from IREIS, SAP, Excel, and other systems on a regular basis.
- Compile and co-ordinate stakeholder comments, maintain project and other checklists, calculate/tabulate standard rentals, tenant property tax payments, and permit considerations.
- Receive and process Plan of Subdivision, Official Plan, Official Plan Amendments, Zoning Bylaws, Zoning Bylaw Amendments, Niagara Escarpment Commission Permits and other similar documents received by HONI for review and comment. Conduct a preliminary assessment of these documents to determine potential impact on HONI real estate rights and issue concurrence letters when required where no impact on company real estate assets is apparent. Where rights are impacted, circulate plans, grading and drainage drawings or other documents to appropriate internal groups, co-ordinate and consolidate responses and issue standard conditional clearance letters to circulating authority.
- Prepare and track Annual Licence Renewal Report, including preparing of agreements, calculating rents, and tenant follow-ups.
- Prepare and process a variety of legal documents and notices including transfers, easements, releases, affidavits, declarations, undertakings, expropriation notices, and quit claims, licences, leases, permits, applications and other similar documents.
- As required conduct routine property or field inspections to gather tenant land use information, carry out basic measurements of areas under licence or lease and prepare associated summary reports.
- Process and close out completed real estate files using various rights management systems.
- Plot proposals and property ownership on plans and in rights management systems, and prepare sketches, plans or other similar drawings using various resources such as maps, drawings and field data for use with licence, lease and other legal agreements.
- Prepare Real Estate Management proposals for secondary land uses, routine correspondence, memorandums, Terms and Conditions letters, Authorization forms and other similar documents.
- Prepare and sign routine correspondence.
- Be familiar with Municipal Land Use Planning, Land Registry and Land Titles Offices and processes to obtain information related to ownership, easement, Registered Plans, Official Plan, Zoning or other related property information and documents as required.
- Support Senior/Real Estate Coordinators, supervisor or others as assigned in processing and finalizing real estate management and acquisition transactions. Includes reviewing and interpreting engineering and survey drawings, legal property descriptions depicting poles or tower lines, secondary land use, easement, sale proposals, road crossings, Plan of Subdivisions, and other transactions.
- Prepare and process purchase orders and invoices for payment, set-up approved billings and forward documents to the off-site storage facility.
- Calculate area for lands being licensed, leased, acquired or sold. Perform associated mathematical calculations and scale conversions.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries received within the Department and provide general information relating to HONI real estate rights and assets, real estate policies, rental rates and plan requirements.
- Requires mathematics ability to calculate geographic areas, rental payments, easement and sale considerations and prepare various real estate documents and execute the requisite real estate activities of the job.
- Requires a working knowledge of real estate law and government statutes to interpret and understand legal and construction documents.
- Also requires extensive experience with databases to input, retrieve, analyze and maintain computerized data, including but not limited to IREIS, Excel, SAP, Microsoft Word, and Access.
- Requires highly proficient English communication skills both written and verbal to deal effectively with a range of stakeholders on sensitive and complex matters.
- Requires knowledge of basic drafting skills to read and interpret plans, engineering drawings, survey plans, other similar drawings, scale and convert measurements, plot property measurements and legal descriptions and prepare key plans, sketches and drawings.
- Plot information on plans and mapping systems.
- Requires experience working in a real estate environment and familiarity with real estate terms, principles, practices and legal documentation. This includes preparing and processing various legal and real estate documents, negotiated and expropriated property transactions, understanding of legal terminology, forms, practices and procedures associated with conveyancing.
- Requires experience in contacting and dealing directly with customers, private and public sector representatives including lawyers, Registry and Land Titles and municipal officials, to assist in negotiating, processing or finalizing real estate transactions.
- This knowledge is normally acquired in either a Grade XII education in a secondary school plus up to one year of further concentrated study in an appropriate field (e.g. real estate, drafting, engineering technology, urban planning), or the equivalent education. A period of up to four years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A