Website Hydro One
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
- Coordinate compliance enforcement activities with outsource service providers.
- Advise the GDs on areas to focus when new changes are introduced to the NERC CIP standards. Coordinate with GDs/POs to help facilitate institutionalizing CIP compliance into Hydro One work processes.
- Participate in development and maintenance of IT Security Policies and Standards.
- Advise GD and ED in creation of non-compliance reports and remediation planning.
- Provide advice and deliver training and other communications to internal stakeholders, corporate and operations staff to assist in their understanding of security compliance processes. This may include websites, toolkits, seminars and other employee engagement tools.
- Collaborate with Reliability Standards Readiness and Strategy to provide direction to CIP GDs/POs. Support Reliability Compliance Assurance’s evidence audit operations and actioning of audit results
- Enforce compliance with IT Security Policies and Standards across the enterprise using the compliance tracking framework.
- Develop and present management compliance reports to various stakeholders.
- Ensure that the CIP Process Architecture is maintained and kept current.
- Oversee compliance sustainment and continuous improvement efforts associated with Hydro One’s NERC CIP compliance program. Review NERC CIP related security incidents for systemic problems and opportunities for process improvements.
- Assist CIP GDs/POs in identifying and rolling out complex key changes in support of specific improvement or remediation efforts.
- Advise GDs/EDs in creation of non-compliance reports and remediation planning.
- Support the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Senior Manager and/or Delegate in the successful sustainment of compliance to NERC CIP standards.
- Support the Governance Delegates (GDs), Execution Delegates (EDs) and Process Owners (POs) accountable for the CIP standards/processes within the Hydro One Internal Compliance Program (ICP).
- Provide oversight and ensure that an overall CIP process metrics dashboard is established with input from all stakeholders and is maintained in accordance with the reporting cycles.
- Support the Manager, CIP Compliance Sustainment in effectively designing and developing strategies consistent with Hydro One positions related to standards and compliance requirements.
- Assist CIP GDs/POs with updating high impact or high complexity processes based on specific improvement or remediation efforts.
- Perform preliminary reviews of Physical Security Plans, Cyber Security Policies and Technical Feasibility Exceptions related to CIP Standards and other related policies on an annual basis and report out to Manager.
- Provide governance support to Process Owners in respect to escalating issues and concerns as well as formalizing support requests to create formalized projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Engage and manage third parties to perform compliance exercises as necessary.
- 10+ years experience in IT Security.
- Ability to assess enterprise risk with proper recommendation on mitigation.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a senior Information Security or IT Security role.
- Relevant experience in financial management and control.
- Relevant experience in strategic business planning and management.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant standards and regulatory requirements (NERC CIP, Bill C-198, PCI, PIPEDA, etc.).
- Strategic business thinking – ability to apply technical knowledge and experience to make management decisions for achieving business objectives.
- Good communications skills with the ability to work/liaise effectively with business, IT stakeholders, and vendor representatives.
- Relevant experience in IT security governance with the capacity to enforce standards and liaise with stakeholders.
- Relevant experience in utility sector is preferred.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Ability to lead and work in a multi-team environment and drive completion of deliverables.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Company: Hydro One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A