The Assistant Controller manages the day-to-day operation of the Accounting Office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Supports a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Advises the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant financial information in a timely manner.
- Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.U
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Provides excellent leadership (e.g., differentiates top performers, fosters teamwork and encourages work/life balance).
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations, and recognize performance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A